|~ LISTENING CENTER ~|
THERE IS NO AUDIO FOR THIS MESSAGE ... WE APOLOGIZE!
Date: January 18, 2015
Title: Free Indeed! (Pt 1 - The Reckoning)
Passage: Romans 6:1-8:15
Speaker: Bob Corbin
Sermon Note Sheet (PDF)
* Up until this point, Paul has presented a biblically logical and legal argument showing that ALL men - whether Jew or Gentile - are justly condemned for their rebellion (sin) against God.
* Man is incapable of doing any work that will afford him the righteousness required to merit everlasting life.
* However, God - in His grace (unmerited favor) - provided a way that sinners could be justified. This justification was reckoned by God to Abraham, prior to the law. This pathway of justification was through faith - not in the work of self, but in the work of God!
* God's provision was the sacrificial death of His Son, Jesus Christ. Through belief in His atoning death, burial and resurrection we can have peace with God.
* He now turns to the practical application, and struggle, of this truth - that we ARE, as Jesus declared: "Free Indeed!" John 8:36 "Therefore, if the Son makes you free, you shall be free indeed."