|~ LISTENING CENTER ~|
Date: May 17, 2015
Title: In Conclusion
Passage: Romans 16:1-27
Speaker: Bob Corbin
Sermon Note Sheet (PDF)
* Paul's epistle to the believers in Rome ... Presenting God's plan for salvation and life: "The just shall live by faith."
* This truth is "for the Jews first and also for the Gentiles." However, the Jews rejected the truth and sought salvation by works of the law.
* Therefore, God had set them aside for a period of time - until the fulness of the Gentiles come in - and then, all Israel will be saved.
* The understanding of this truth - that the just shall live by faith - and the revelation of the mystery that the Gentiles would be joint-heirs in Christ, should impact our lives in a transformational manner! No longer should we seek to live as the Gentiles, but offer ourselves as living sacrifices to God! We should begin to personify the mind of Christ - elevating the value and needs of others above our own, seeking to love and serve others as Christ loved and served us.
* As Paul concludes his epistle, he ends as he begins ... incorporating much doctrine and truth into an otherwise routine part of a letter.