|~ LISTENING CENTER ~|
Date: March 29, 2015
Title: Unveiling the Mystery (Pt. 3 - Salvation by Faith)
Passage: Romans 9:1-11:36
Speaker: Bob Corbin
Sermon Note Sheet (PDF)
* In his letter to the believers in Rome, Paul has been presenting a persuasive argument defending his theme "the just shall live by faith."
* After revealing that all have transgressed the righteous law of God and are therefore not "just" as a result of their own righteousness, Paul explained that salvation has never then been according to the deeds of men but rather through the expression of faith in the redemptive work of God
* Abraham, the father of Israel was accepted by God by faith not by his works.
* Paul then reveals the blessings which fall upon those who come by faith - eternal salvation, adoption, intercession by the Holy Spirit, justification, glorification, and preservation!
* Over the past couple of weeks, we have been considered the unveiling of the mystery of God: that Israel, because of their disobedience, would be set aside for a period of time (in which God would open up salvation to the Gentiles as a means of provocation to the Jews - to make them jealous - such that they would return to God by faith) and at the end of this period of time all Israel would be delivered.
* In the midst of this unveiling of the mystery, Paul offers a concise presentation of the process of salvation by faith.