|~ LISTENING CENTER ~|
Date: February 19, 2023
Title: The Sovereign King
Passage: Acts 12:1-24
Speaker: Bob Corbin
Sermon Note Sheet (PDF)
Watch it on
* As the Gospel spread, the Spiritual War continued.
* In our study of the book of Acts, we have seen that the Apostles were threatened and persecuted for proclaiming the name of Jesus ... and informed the Sanhedrin that they were to obey God rather than men - to be witnesses of the death, burial and resurrection of the Messiah.
* Next, Stephen was stoned to death for proclaiming Christ and Saul of Tarsus spread the persecution even unto Damascus.
* However, in each of these situations God reveals His Sovereignty and His faithfulness to those who believe in Him. The Sovereignty of God does not mean that we will not be persecuted but rather that through the persecution or the deliverance God is working His plan.
* In our passage today, God reveals that He is the Sovereign King and that He can, and does, over-rule earthly kings at His choosing.
* From last week ... Barnabas and Saul had been sent by the church of Antioch with a gift to the church of Jerusalem. These events that we cover today occur while they are in Jerusalem (cf. 12:25).