|~ LISTENING CENTER ~|
Date: March 29, 2020
Title: The Weapons of our Warfare (Part 1)
Passage: 2 Corinthians 10:1-7; Ephesians 6:10-18
Speaker: Bob Corbin
Sermon Note Sheet (PDF)
Watch it on
* This message was presented using Zoom Teleconferencing as the 2nd of our "Worship from a Distance" during the COVID-19 Pandemic.
* We have spent the last two Sundays considering the subject of fasting and have spent this past week in a special time of prayer and fasting.
* As mentioned in those messages, what originally seemed to be hiatus from our series actually was an addition to our series. For today, we come to the portion of Paul's 2nd letter to the Corinthians where he will begin to take on probably the greatest affliction that we can face - spiritual affliction in the form of attacks against the truth of the Scriptures and the obedience to that truth.
* Paul begins this portion by declaring his desire to exhort them in meekness and gentleness, rather than in boldness. However, there were some - false teachers - who were challenging his authority and the message which God had given him to share. When you begin to share the truth of God's Word, and begin to seek to live according to it's standards, you will find that there are many in the world who do not care to hear the message. Sadly, there are many false teachers in the world as well. Lord willing, we will consider this portion of Paul's discussion after our Resurrection Day celebration.
* Today, we want to continue our consideration of the weapons of our warfare. The word for "weapons" would be better translated "accoutrements." These accoutrements are listed by Paul in his letter to the Ephesians. We will take another week to discuss these weapons before discussing their utilization