|~ LISTENING CENTER ~|
Date: July 26, 2020
Title: The Pearls of Wisdom (Life and Health)
Passage: There are assorted verses. Please use the sermon note sheet as reference tool.
Speaker: Bob Corbin
Sermon Note Sheet (PDF)
Watch it on
* Over the past three years, approximately $3.5-3.6 trillion has been annually on U.S. Health Care. That works out to be about: $10,739 per person per year.
* Put that together with the $11.6 billion that is spent annually in the Self-Improvement industry and you will note that mankind significantly cares about The Quantity and The Quality of Life
* And yet, for all of the money that is spent in those areas ... as well as in the entertainment industry and consumable industries ... length of life and steadfast happiness is fleeting. It cannot be bought or purchased. This in fact, has been declared to by God in His Word.
- Psalm 90:10,12 10 "The days of our lives are seventy years; and if by reason of strength they are eighty years ... So teach us to number our days, that we may gain a heart of wisdom."
- Psalms 39:4-7 4 "LORD, make me to know my end, and what is the measure of my days, that I may know how frail I am. 5 Indeed, You have made my days as handbreadths, and my age is as nothing before You; certainly every man at his best state is but vapor. Selah 6 Surely every man walks about like a shadow; surely they busy themselves in vain; he heaps up riches, and does not know who will gather them. 7 And now, Lord, what do I wait for? My hope is in You."
- Psalms 139:14-16 14 I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; marvelous are Your works, and that my soul knows very well. 15 My frame was not hidden from You, when I was made in secret, and skillfully wrought in the lowest parts of the earth. 16 Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed. And in Your book they all were written, the days fashioned for me, when as yet there were none of them.
* Yet, within the plan and design of God is the balance of predestination and fore-knowledge ... that which He ordained and that which He allowed. One of the great mysteries is how those two determiners of God's will played out in the writing of His book, and in the planning of history. God is Sovereign. Yet in His Sovereignty, He created man to be a Free-Will creature. The decisions that I make DO affect "history" - in some manner - as it plays out in the tapestry of my life and those with whom my life intertwines!
* God's Word then has a lot to say regarding HOW our decisions MAY - CAN - DO affect Our Quantity of Life ... and Quality of Life.
* Today, we will begin considering The Pearls from Proverbs regarding Life and Health (Quantity & Quality of Life).