|~ LISTENING CENTER ~|
Date: July 5, 2020
Title: The Pursuit of Wisdom (Pt 1)
Passage: Proverbs 2:1-9
Speaker: Bob Corbin
Sermon Note Sheet (PDF)
Watch it on
* Proverbs 1:5-7 A wise man will hear and increase learning, and a man of understanding will attain wise counsel, to understand a proverb and an enigma, the words of the wise and their riddles. The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and instruction.
* This passage provides us the Precept and Principle upon which the book of Proverbs is built. We have seen this precept and two-pronged principle continuously cropping up in each of the messages on the book of Proverbs so far. Today will be no different!
* Everybody has, in some manner, a "Wish List" ... or a "Bucket List" ... of things that they would like obtain, see, or accomplish.
* What is it that you TRULY WANT? What is on your BUCKET LIST? .... Where is wisdom on that list?
* Today, we want to begin considering Our Passion for Wisdom ... by considering The Pursuit of Wisdom for which this book calls. We will be considering this topic over the next two weeks. Our primary passage is established as a conditional statement with multiple requisites and results. As well, we are given the rationale, or reasons, for the results. Our goal today is to consider the Requisites, but first peek at the Results ... in order to fully appreciate having the passion for which the passage calls.