|~ LISTENING CENTER ~|
Date: December 20, 2020
Title: The Voices of the Incarnation (Pt 4 - The Voices of Adoration)
Passage: Matthew 2:1-12
Speaker: Bob Corbin
Sermon Note Sheet (PDF)
Watch it on
* The Feast of the Incarnation ... is a wonderful time to remember how God fulfilled His great grace to us by sending forth His only begotten Son -- part of the godhead -- to be incarnate, in order that He might be the perfect sacrifice, paying the penalty of our sincs and purchasing us back to the Father who loves us! (cf. Isaiah 48:16; Zechariah 2:10-11; John 1:1,10,14)
* We have been considering some of the "Voices" of this miraculous event. So far we have considered "The Voices of Faith" (revealed in Mary and Joseph), the "Voices of Good News" (revealed in the Angels and the Shepherds), and the "Voices of Redemption" (revealed in Simeon and Anna).
* Today, we will consider "The Voices of Adoration" revealed in the Wise Men.
* The wise men came to worship (Matthew 2:1, 11). To worship is to regard with great and extravagant respect, honor, and devotion. It is our proper response to God (Matthew 4:10; Roman's 12:1; Revelation 14:7).
* "... For all nations shall come and worship before You ..." -- Revelation 15:4