|~ LISTENING CENTER ~|
Date: August 16, 2020
Title: Heaven - Adjusting our Focus
Passage: Revelation 21:1-22:5
Speaker: Chuck Sabo
Sermon Note Sheet (PDF)
Watch it on
* Can a person truly be too heavenly-minded that they are no earthly good?
* The reality is that the more heavenly-minded we are, the more earthly good we will be to others, and the more effective we will be in doing God's work in this world.
* "Aim at heaven and you will get the earth thrown in. Aim at earth, and you get neither." (C.S. Lewis)
* Heaven is not only the certain hope of every believer in Jesus Christ, but understanding and talking about it can also be a great way to help unbelievers find the answers that they are looking for.
* My hope is that this teaching on heaven will allow each of us to walk away with a renewed passion for holy living, a renewed passion for our purpose and our progress, and a renewed passion for people.