|~ LISTENING CENTER ~|
Date: April 19, 2020
Title: The Weapons of our Warfare (Part 3)
Passage: 2 Corinthians 10:1-7
Speaker: Bob Corbin
Sermon Note Sheet (PDF)
Watch it on
* This message was presented using Zoom Teleconferencing as the 5th of our "Worship from a Distance" during the COVID-19 Pandemic.
* In our study of Paul's 2nd letter to the Corinthians, we have been studying Paul's transition into a consideration of spiritual afflictions.
* Paul is reminding the believers of Corinth that the ultimate war that we are in is a spiritual war. Hence, we do not war according to the flesh. Prior to our week of Prayer and Fasting, we considered the spiritual discipline of fasting and the spiritual power that is derived from "true fasting." We then considered the "Armor of God" that Paul describes in Ephesians 6.
* Two weeks ago, we began examining the utilization of these spiritual weapons of warfare by considering the first, of four items, against which which we battle: Strongholds. We are told that these spiritual weapons are to be used for the Pulling Down of Strongholds. During that message, we considered four strongholds that we fight against: Ignorance, Idolatry, Iniquity, and Intimidation.
* Today, we want to consider the other three items against which Paul states we battle.