|~ LISTENING CENTER ~|
Date: February 8, 2015
Title: Pt. 1 - The Spirit of Adoption
Passage: Romans 8:12-39
Speaker: Bob Corbin
Sermon Note Sheet (PDF)
* Paul has presented the universal sinfulness of man and God's provision of deliverance from the condemnation that comes as a result of our sin.
* That deliverance is acquired through faith in the redemptive work of Jesus Christ - His death, burial and resurrection.
* When we believe, we become "united together in the likeness of His death ... [and] we also shall be in the likeness of His resurrection."
* During the past three weeks we discussed the effects that our union with Christ should, and would, have in our lives - that we should reckon ourselves as dead to sin, that there would be a war between the law of our minds and the law of our members, but that our practical deliverance would available again through Jesus Christ.
* Today, we continue looking at the benefit of our deliverance in Christ, but with an understanding that we have entered into a transitional section.
* Paul has prepared his case regarding the law of grace superseding the law of works. He now begins to transition into the effect that this will have upon the nation of Israel.