|~ LISTENING CENTER ~|
Date: May 2, 2021
Title: The Woman at the Well
Passage: John 4:1-42
Speaker: Bob Corbin
Sermon Note Sheet (PDF)
Watch it on
* As we have been studying The Gospel of Jesus Christ according to John, we have noted that the major purpose of the book is the presentation of the proof that Jesus is the Son of God. It is this truth, as well, which is at the core of the gospel message. The perfect sacrifice for our sins could only be made by God Himself becoming a man.
* We are told by Paul in 1 Timothy 2:3-4 3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior, 4 who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.
* Hence, IF Jesus was God - who became flesh - we should expect that He would demonstrate this attribute of God: a desire for all men to be saved and come to the knowledge of the truth.
* That is exactly what we do see in our passage today. There is a whole lot of teaching contained in this passage. However, the overall theme of this interaction between Jesus and the Samaritan woman is Jesus' desire for people to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.
* We will examine this passage following the three primary topics of discussion.