|~ LISTENING CENTER ~|
Date: February 21, 2021
Title: The Pearls of Wisdom (Our Communication - Truthfulness)
Speaker: Bob Corbin
Sermon Note Sheet (PDF)
Watch it on
* In our study of the book of Proverbs, we have been considering some Pearls of Wisdom.
* Two weeks ago, we began to consider our "final" pearl ... those verses dealing with our communication.
* Words are extremely important. They are the foundations of communication. With them communicate value and worth. With them communicate describe concepts, thoughts, ideas and philosophies that impact societies and history. With them we declare, or record, facts or falsehood. With them we edify or destroy.
* Two weeks ago, we considered the challenge for us to NOT use our words to cause contention or strife, but rather to seek unity.
* Last week, we considered the challenge for us to use our words to edify and not destroy.
* Today, we want to consider those verses which discuss the importance of using our words to communicate truth, as opposed to falsehood.
* The Greek word for truth is the word "alaetheia" which is comprised of two other Greek words: "a" meaning "not" and "lanthano" meaning "to be hid." Truth is that which is "not hidden" ... or by extension, something in which something is not hidden. There are no hidden clauses!
* We will be breaking our study up using five primary key verses.