|~ LISTENING CENTER ~|
Date: August 22, 2021
Title: The Entrance of the Light (Part 1)
Passage: John 12:12-50
Speaker: Bob Corbin
Sermon Note Sheet (PDF)
Watch it on
* We have been considering John's presentation of Jesus as the Son of God who became the Lamb of God to take away the sins of the world, in order to strengthen and unify the church around this core belief.
* Jesus had drawn the "Line in the Sand" by declaring: I am I AM. This had caused a great debate amongst the people and religious leaders. They were being forced to answer the question, "Who is Jesus?"
* Jesus had performed undeniable works - including giving sight to a man born blind and raising Lazarus from the dead.
* Jesus has been ministering through Judaea and Galilee for approximately three years at this point.
* Today, we see the beginning of the final week of His earthly life. Jesus comes to Jerusalem knowing that He will be offering Himself as the propitiation for the sins of the whole world.
* As we consider Jesus' entrance into Jerusalem and His interaction with the crowd, we are reminded of John 1:1-13 ... that the Light shone in the darkness and the darkness comprehended it not ... He came unto His own and His own received Him not ... But to as many as received Him, He gave the right to become the children of God!