|~ LISTENING CENTER ~|
Date: August 8, 2021
Title: I AM the Resurrection and the Life
Passage: John 11:1-44
Speaker: Bob Corbin
Sermon Note Sheet (PDF)
Watch it on
* The Gospel according to John: John's presentation of Jesus as the Son of God who became the Lamb of God to take away the sins of the world, in order to strengthen and unify the church around this core belief.
* In John 8, we saw that Jesus declared very clearly WHO He was: that He was YHWH Incarnate sent from God the Father, and that each individual's salvation depended upon whether they believed this core truth. It truly brought the TRILEMMA of the religious leaders to a head. WHO WAS JESUS? Who did they say that He was? Was He a blatant false teacher - a liar - as they accused him of being (8:13)? Was He a lunatic, who was demon-possessed, and making ridiculous claims (8:52)? Or, was truly YHWH (the LORD) incarnate as He claimed to be (8:24,28,58)?
* After declaring this, He healed a man born blind. This was a miracle that was unparalleled. He did what only the Creator could do!
* He then claimed to be "the Good Shepherd." Again, this was a clear reference to YHWH from Psalm 23:1 and Isaiah 40:10-11).
* Today, Jesus hits the apex of the crescendo of evidence which He has been presenting - with the resurrection of Lazarus!