|~ LISTENING CENTER ~|
Date: August 1, 2021
Title: I and My Father are One
Passage: John 10:22-42
Speaker: Bob Corbin
Sermon Note Sheet (PDF)
Watch it on
* The Gospel according to John: John's presentation of Jesus as the Son of God who became the Lamb of God to take away the sins of the world, in order to strengthen and unify the church around this core belief.
* In John 8, we saw that Jesus declared very clearly WHO He was: that He was YHWH Incarnate sent from God the Father, and that each individual's salvation depended upon whether they believed this core truth.
* In fact, we saw at the end of chapter 8 that the Pharisees took up stones to throw at Him in order to kill Him. But, Jesus walked through them and went out the Temple ... and healed a man who was born blind!
* Last week, we saw Jesus declare the third and fourth of the metaphorical "I AM" statements: "I am the Door," and "I am the Good Shepherd."
* His declaration of being the "Good Shepherd" was another CLEAR indicator to Whom He was declaring Himself to be.
* Today, we continue in this discussion of Jesus with the Jews.