|~ LISTENING CENTER ~|
Date: April 4, 2021
Title: The Event That Changes Eternity!
Passage: 1 Corinthians 15:1-26
Speaker: Bob Corbin
Sermon Note Sheet (PDF)
* There are days which have changed the course of nations and even the course of world history.
* But today, we remember and celebrate the day ... and specifically the event, that changes the course of eternity for those who will receive the truth!
* Generally, the validity of an event is established based upon the testimony of two or three witnesses.
* Much of history that we know and discuss is based upon the testimony of single individuals ... for example: Polybius (200-120 BC) was a Greek historian who wrote regarding the Punic Wars of Rome and claimed to be an eye-witness of the destruction of Carthage. His testimony is not doubted.
* What, then would be the significance of an event that had over 500 eye-witnesses and four distinct accounts written regarding it? Why would "Scholars" seek to discredit every account of it?
* First, let's consider the implications of the resurrection ... and then consider the proof!