|~ LISTENING CENTER ~|
Date: October 11, 2020
Title: The Pearls of Wisdom (Accepting the Love of YHWH - Pt. 2)
Passage: Proverbs 3:11-12; Hebrews 12:1-13
Speaker: Bob Corbin
Sermon Note Sheet (PDF)
Watch it on
* In our study of the book of Proverbs, we have transitioned into more of a "Topical Approach" in considering the Pearls of Wisdom.
* In our recent messages, we have seen that because YHWH is faithful and true, we can trust in Him with ALL our hearts, and make Him known in ALL our ways, by leaning not on our own understanding but, rather, following His guidance.
* Solomon then provides us with two critical areas of life in which we reveal that we are TRULY trusting in YHWH.
* The first area was regarding how we honor YHWH with our material resources.
* Last week, we began considering the second area: how we accept the love of YHWH expressed in His chastisement. We are told, “For whom the LORD loves He chastens, and scourges every son He receives.” (Hebrews 12:6)
* As we mentioned last week, this area of our walk with the Lord has been expounded upon by the writer of the book of Hebrews. Hence, we are considering Hebrews 12:1-13 alongside Proverbs 3:11-12.