|~ LISTENING CENTER ~|
Date: May 31, 2020
Title: An Introduction to Proverbs
Passage: Proverbs 1:1-7
Speaker: Bob Corbin
Sermon Note Sheet (PDF)
Watch it on
* Google Self-Help Books ... 5.1 Billion results!!!!
* Self-Improvement Industry was worth $11.6 Billion in 2019, and is estimated to grow to $13.2 Billion per year by 2022!
* Where are people turning to find wisdom, knowledge, instruction, understanding, discernment and discretion? The world and relative truth!
* The Wisdom recorded in the book of Proverbs has stood the test of time. It was "written" by a small group of individuals 2500-2800 years ago! Ultimately, we understand that these authors were moved by the Holy Spirit (2 Peter 1:20-21), such that every word is "God-breathed" in order to fully equip the man of God to all good works (2 Tim 3:16-17).
* Sadly, those who are called by God's name turn to the world for wisdom rather than to He who is the source of all true Wisdom!
* Lord willing, we will spend at least 12 weeks considering the wisdom recorded in this book. We will not be able to consider it verse-by-verse but rather thematically - considering a group of like passages. However, we will still consider those passages expositionally and exegetically - seeking to glean the wisdom, knowledge, instruction, understanding, discernment and discretion that is being communicated to the "man of God" in order that we might be equipped!