|~ LISTENING CENTER ~|
Date: September 29, 2019
Title: The 2nd Word of YHWH (Pt. 3a - The Visions of YHWH)
Passage: Zechariah 4:1-14
Speaker: Bob Corbin
Sermon Note Sheet (PDF)
* We are studying the book of Zechariah which is filled with many prophecies regarding YHWH's interaction with the nation of Israel.
* As we consider Biblical prophecy, we must consider the historical context, Biblical precedent and, most importantly, what is specifically declared within the prophecy.
* The entirety of the book can be broken up into 5 distinct times that YHWH spoke to Zechariah. Over the past two weeks, we have considered the first section of the 2nd Word of YHWH to Zechariah - that dealing with The Zeal of YHWH (for Jerusalem).
* Between this message and, Lord willing, the one shared on October 13th, we will consider the five visions contained in the second section of this 2nd Word of YHWH to Zechariah.
* This message considers the first of those visions - the Vision of the Golden Lampstand and the Two Olive Trees.
* There are many interpretations given for what the lampstand is and who the Olive Trees are. However, using a proper exegetical hermeneutic (allowing the Word of God to interpret itself) the identity of these symbols becomes clear.
* "Lost" in the midst of the imagery, is the Word of YHWH to Zerubbabel. This word is many times quoted out of context. It is important, again, to interpret God's Word according to context in order to gain proper applications.