|~ LISTENING CENTER ~|
Date: September 15, 2019
Title: The 2nd Word of YHWH (Pt. 1 - The Return and Residence of YHWH)
Passage: Zechariah 1:7-2:13
Speaker: Bob Corbin
Sermon Note Sheet (PDF)
* This is an important book regarding the declaration of YHWH's coming to Zion. We considered the telescopic nature of prophecy during the beginning of last week’s
message - that much of Biblical prophecy considers "high points" of history and as one looks to the future many things might seem blurred. Hence, there are times
when Biblical prophecies actually have split/partial, or dual, fulfillments.
* As we consider the promise of YHWH's coming to Zion, we will see that there are multiple fulfillments: the first coming (to bring spiritual redemption – a spiritual reign) and the second coming (to deliver Israel and rule the nations – a physical reign).
* As we consider Biblical prophecy, we must consider the historical context, Biblical precedent and, most importantly, what is specifically declared within the prophecy.
* Last week, we considered the 1st vision given to Zechariah – YHWH’s call for the repentance of Israel. YHWH had been warning Israel that He would bring disaster and they had rejected His Word. Hence, YHWH chastened them – first, northern Israel and then southern Israel (Judah). To do so, He used various nations as tools of His justice. However, those nations became self-glorying and self-gratifying. While Israel was scattered throughout those nations, YHWH continued to call to them through prophets (such as Jeremiah and Ezekiel). Finally, the people repented. This was all foretold by Moses! (cf. Deuteronomy 4:23-31).
* This week, we begin to consider some of the imagery contained within Zechariah's prophecies. Who, or what, are the four horses? Who are the four horns and the four craftsmen?
* Spiritual War - Satan seeking to destroy the plan and people of God - is not new.
* YHWH is a faithful God! He will not forget His covenant, nor forsake His people. ... This is the theme as we begin to consider "The 2nd Word of YHWH"