|~ LISTENING CENTER ~|
Date: March 24, 2019
Title: The Power of Prayer
Passage: Matthew 17:14-21
Speaker: Bob Corbin
Sermon Note Sheet (PDF)
* The message this week transitions between our mini-series on the importance of prayer and our on-going series on the book of Matthew.
* In our series on prayer, we have considered the privilege, priority, place, pattern and persistence of prayer.
* This message discusses the power of prayer from a consideration of the interaction that Jesus had after He had descended from the mountain with Peter, James and John.
* Over the past two weeks, we considered 'The Pattern of Prayer' using the acronym P.R.A.Y. as a teaching tool. (P.R.A.Y. stands for Praise - Repent - Ask - Yield).
* When Jesus descended, He found His disciples being confronted by a raucous crowd. A man had brought his son to Jesus to be healed. Apparently His disciples had attempted to peform the feat but were unable.
* After Jesus heals the boy by casting out the demon, His disciples were curious why they could not cast out the demon.
* In the instruction of Jesus we see the importance of both faith and fasting in our prayer lives.