|~ LISTENING CENTER ~|
Date: January 27, 2019
Title: The Instruction of the Messiah (Pt 4 Beware of False Doctrine)
Passage: Matthew 15:29-16:12
Speaker: Bob Corbin
Sermon Note Sheet (PDF)
* Focusing on the Messiah in the book of Matthew. Matthew was a Jewish man writing to a Jewish audience and giving testimony regarding the life and ministry of the Messiah who had been foretold by many of the Jewish prophets.
* The core of Jesus message and ministry was the theme of repentance: that the people needed to change the way they were thinking.
* This concept is seen in the instructional phase of the Messiah's ministry ... both doctrinally and practically.
* Last week we considered the hypocrisy of the Pharisees as they accused Jesus of going against their oral law while they themselves taught people to disregard God's divine law.
* Today, after reinforcing the lesson that He was teaching his disciples regarding the opening of the gospel to the Gentiles, Jesus warns His disciples of falling into the doctrine of the Pharisees and Sadducees.