|~ LISTENING CENTER ~|
Date: December 1, 2019
Title: His Name Shall Be: Wonderful Counselor
Speaker: Bob Corbin
Sermon Note Sheet (PDF)
* The 1st Sunday of Advent begins a time of focused reflection upon the incarnation of Jesus the Christ (YHWH in the flesh) who came in order to be the payment of our sins. He did this in order that we might be reconciled to God and have peace with God. This was important in order that we might be able to live with God for all of eternity - eternal life does not begin after you die, but when you are reconciled to God!
* The incarnation of YHWH Himself was not something that was kept secret. Rather, YHWH gave many indicators of this as we have seen as we studied the book of Zechariah.
* Today, we will begin considering how YHWH revealed His incarnation through the prophecies regarding the name of 'a child,' 'a son' who was to be born.
* What's In A Name?
1) The Importance of A Name ... specifically in Jewish thought was reflect the individual's position, personality, or potentiality (prophetically speaking).
2) The Importance of THE Name ... YHWH's name is intricately interwoven with His glory. We will expound upon this further throughout this series, and specifically, during the next to last segment of the series.
3) The Importance of These Names ... four doublets which each refer to YHWH Himself.