|~ LISTENING CENTER ~|
Date: March 8, 2015
Title: The Calling of God (Pt. 2)
Passage: Romans 8:28-9:33
Speaker: Bob Corbin
Sermon Note Sheet (PDF)
* In his letter to the believers in Rome, Paul has been presenting a persuasive argument defending his theme "the just shall live by faith."
* After revealing that all have transgressed the righteous law of God and are therefore not "just" as a result of their own righteousness, Paul explained that salvation has never then been according to the deeds of men but rather through the expression of faith in the redemptive work of God
* Abraham, the father of Israel was accepted by God by faith not by his works.
* Paul then reveals the blessings which fall upon those who come by faith - eternal salvation, adoption, intercession by the Holy Spirit, justification, glorification, and preservation!
* Though this presentation would be radical enough, Paul hasn't fully reached the climax of this persuasive speech. Today, we turn to what this all means for Israel - as a nation.