|~ LISTENING CENTER ~|
Date: February 1, 2015
Title: Free Indeed! (Pt 3 - The Deliverance)
Passage: Romans 6:1-8:15
Speaker: Bob Corbin
Sermon Note Sheet (PDF)
* Man is a sinner, is justly condemned and incapable of freeing Himself. God, in His grace, provided the means for our redemption: the death of Christ.
* Now, through faith in the work of God - the death, burial & resurrection of Christ - we can be delivered from the eternal consequence of our rebellion
* Paul states that when we believe, we become "united together in the likeness of His death ... [and] we also shall be in the likeness of His resurrection."
* Beginning in chapter 6, Paul begins discussing this union with Christ and the effects that it should, and will have, upon our lives.
* Over the past two weeks, we considered the first two of those effects: The Reckoning of ourselves as dead to sin and alive to God and The War that is awakened within us between the law of our members and the law of our mind.
* Today, we will consider the third, and greatest, of the effects of our union with Christ in His death and resurrection ... The Deliverance!